Friday, May 29, 2015

Batik Painting

For this project we were to get a piece of paper and draw an amphibious animal, along with making some details. After this we outline it with sharpie and put a piece of fabric over it. We then used wax to outline the sharpie on the fabric. After this we used fabric dye and colored the animals. We then used other wax to 'save' the color, and created more layers of color. We 'saved' colors as much as we needed until the project was finished.

My batik painting was of a snake climbing up a tree, the snake was a blue color with black stripes on it, the log was brown with different details that were green, to signify moss, and there were some leaves. The background was a mix of brown green and other colors, I didn't have a process for that, I just kind of randomly did colors.

Like other projects I do not have a photo of this, but I described the process for an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment